As a proud member of Expanded Polystyrene Australia (EPSA), Foamex follows all recommended EPS distribution and clean-up responsibilities as outlined in the Pod Code of Practice. We are fully committed to the recycling of Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) manufacturing waste and the conversion of Expanded Polystyrene into other products.
Our four recycling facilities in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane serve EPS end-users, building & construction sites, civil engineers & contractors, and other EPS manufacturers. By reusing all EPS manufacturing waste, virtually all EPS manufactured at Foamex is used for products. Our state-of-the-art granulating machines reduce moulded EPS into beads that are then reformed into new products.
Our responsibilities at construction sites
Foamex EPS in the form of Foamex Diamond Pods is delivered to the construction site in a responsible manner and is tied down in accordance to industry approved methods to prevent damage or blow aways. We supply bags for clean-up on-site and work closely with contractors to pick up unused waste or end-of-use EPS, transport it safely to our manufacturing facility, and granulate it for reuse.
Energy saving benefits of EPS
Being fully recyclable is not the only benefit of Foamex expanded polystyrene.
- EPS makes for an ideal insulation material - protecting homes and businesses against the extremes of weather, and reduces reliance on heating or cooling devices.
- EPS is practically resistant to water, which in turn increases longevity and reduces spoilage.
- EPS is comprised of about 98 percent air, resulting in efficient use of raw material.
- EPS is lightweight, which means less consumption of transportation fuels.
- EPS is strong and durable, so there is less breakage.
- Foamex EPS is manufactured with no CFC's (Chloroflurocarbon).