Building sites can be a bustling hub of activity any time of the day. Filled with tradies, their apprentices, site supervisors and vehicles of all different shapes and sizes, jostling for limited space to get their work done.
Which is why it’s important that great care is taken in ensuring a safe and efficient work site. But for this to happen, everyone on-site, or visiting, needs to play their part in making this happen. That’s why Foamex goes to great lengths to contribute to a well-run site.
All Foamex polystyrene products are delivered to the construction site in a responsible and safe manner. Before leaving to make a delivery, we ensure that all pods are tied down in accordance with industry approved methods, to prevent not only damage, but blow a-ways as well.
On-Site and Removal
Foamex provides all clients with bags for clean-up on-site, making it easier, and more efficient, for contractors to be able to store waste until it can be removed. We also work closely with contractors to arrange pick-up of all unused waste or end-of-use EPS products. It is then transported to our manufacturing facility, where it will be granulated safely for use in other products.
Foamex expanded polystyrene is a versatile product, in both application and recyclability. Some of its key benefits include:
- Fully recyclable to reduce waste: virtually all EPS manufactured at Foamex is used in products, whether as part of our entire polystyrene range, or as recycled material.
- Insulating Properties: reduces energy usage by keeping heat out in summer, and trapping warmth inside in winter.
- Water Resistant: this prevents rot and the build-up of mold and mildew, meaning it lasts longer and reduces health risks.
- Lightweight: the lightweight composition of Foamex products means less fuel is consumed during transportation, as opposed to heavier materials. It also means safer handling on-site for contractors.
- Resilient: although lighter than many construction materials, expanded polystyrene is surprisingly sturdy, meaning there is less chance of breakage and waste.
- EPSA: Foamex is a member of Expanded Polystyrene Australia (EPSA), and we follow all recommended EPS distribution and clean-up responsibilities as outlined in the Pod Code of Practice.
Foamex is proud of its processes to ensure a cleaner and safer environment, and we are constantly looking at ways in which to improve.
We are also fully committed to the practice of recycling EPS manufacturing waste, as well as the conversion of EPS in to other products as part of the recycling process.
Responsibility needs to be at all levels, and at every stage.