PROCESS MANAGER – EXTRUDED POLYSTYRENE MANUFACTURING LINE
An exiting opportunity has become available to oversee and manage the operation of the Extruded Polystyrene production line located at our Somerton Site.
To be successful in this role you will need to be degree qualified and it is essential you have prior experience and knowledge in operating all aspects of an Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) production line.
Key Responsibilities of Role :
- Advise on XPS manufacturing processes and develop new XPS products based on the existing knowledge of the global market.
- The successful individual will be consulted to assist with the development of pricing inputs, and will be consulted to assist with implementing operational ‘on the line’ processes.
- Assist with ensuring we are compliant with respect to the blowing agents we use to foam the product by researching local and international standards. You will be consulted and charged with assisting the further Foamex team with experience and knowledge of blowing agent system implementation when we further develop our carbon neutral blowing agent production capacity.
- As an experienced ‘hot end operator’ the individual will be the lead on the shift which will require him/her to direct the operating units accordingly.
- The manufacturing of XPS is highly specialised and requires in depth quality control to ensure we are meeting product specifications and regulatory standards. The function of the Hot End Operator Team Leader will be to reduce wastage % and be consistently monitoring this throughout the production run.
- Source, price and manage incoming raw materials and specialised machinery to assist with packing and to ensure delivery is possible to wholesalers.
- You will be required to assist with after sales technical questions with respect to the capacity of the product as it is used in highly specialised areas within the industrial and commercial building space.
- Assist with cost inputs to assist with the quoting process and will be consulted when the Sales team are arranging supply contracts with customers to ensure capacity of production.
- As we set up to extrude, you will be consulted on the production run schedule and the capacity of the machine to service contracts.