Foamex is fully committed to recycling expanded polystyrene (EPS) manufacturing waste and converting EPS into other products.
Our recycling facilities serve EPS end-users, building and road construction sites, and other EPS manufacturers.
By reusing all EPS manufacturing waste, virtually all EPS manufactured at Foamex is used for products.
Recycling and reprocessing
Our granulating machines reduce moulded EPS into beads that are reformed into new products.
Responsibilities at construction sites
Foamex EPS in the form of Foamex Diamond Pods is delivered to site in a responsible manner and is tied down in accordance to industry approved methods to prevent damage or blow aways. We supply bags for clean-up on site and work closely with contractors to pick up unused waste or end-of-use EPS, transport it safely to our manufacturing facility, and granulate it for reuse.
Energy-saving qualities of EPS include:
- Fully recyclable to reduce waste in the environment
- Insulating properties to reduce energy for heating or cooling
- Water resistance to reduce spoilage
- Comprised of about 98 percent air, resulting in efficient use of raw material
- Lightweight to reduce consumption of transportation fuels
- Resilient to reduce breakage
- No CFC's (Chloroflurocarbon)
Foamex is a proud member of Recycling Expanded Polystyrene Australia (REPSA) and follows all recommended EPS distribution and clean-up responsibilities as outlined in the Pod Code of Practice.
Energy Saving Qualities of Expanded Polystyrene (EPS)
- Fully recyclable - reducing environmental waste
- Insulating Properties - reducing energy when heating and cooling
- Water resistant meterial - reducing spoilage
- EPS comprise of 98% air - resulting in the efficient use of raw meterial
- EPS is lightweight - reducing consumption of tansport fuels
- Resilient material - reducing product breakage
- Most importantly there are NO CFC's (Chlorofluorocarbon) - resulting in the protection of the Ozone